Individual’s personal blog that will be useful for all those who want to keep in contact wherever I go / Blog personal de un individuo que será útil para todos aquellos que quieren tener contacto donde quiera que voy

29 jun 2009

Leaving for the bright lights of Manchester

Last Friday I had the last drinks with my friends here. It was my official farewell and plenty of people who have been part of these almost two and a half years came to say goodbye. I was really happy to see them there and equally happy for those who couldn't come but sent me e-mails or text messages or phoned me. It was a normal night though, not a big party. Nothing that I hadn't done on a normal Friday but this time with more people; with all together!

The rest of the weekend has been quiet but very busy. I spent most of the Saturday sending cv's and job applications. Today Sunday I met finally the first person I was living with when I arrived to Oxford: Vanessa, my Chinese landlady and housemate along with Chao. He couldn't come this time but we've been chatting a while on the telephone. I have also met my lovely 6 months old "Chinese niece", Rachel. She's so cute! It's been good to meet on my last day those who were the first friendly faces I met.

And now, Sunday night, my housemates have given me a T-shirt to say goodbye. And I almost cry, because I am a man who cries. I look at my bedroom and everything is packed, ready for tomorrow morning. I leave for the bright lights of Manchester. Oxford is over, although the memories, the friends and the desire to come back and visit it will always be with me. But now, I'm looking forward to seeing what's next.

No hay comentarios: