Individual’s personal blog that will be useful for all those who want to keep in contact wherever I go / Blog personal de un individuo que será útil para todos aquellos que quieren tener contacto donde quiera que voy

7 jun 2013

Thirsty

People often use the example of the half full or half empty glass of water to determine whether a person is optimistic or pessimistic. That example has never worked with me though. I can't manage to give a simple answer. I don't consider myself optimist nor pessimist in general. I never knew what to answer because I didn't find that was the right question to ask. Some people say I am a strange guy because of my thoughts and how I express them, but I don't consider myself especially strange. The more I move and the more people I know, the more people I meet who share my ideas. What I can say it is true is that I've got some particularities, just the same as others but in a higher proportion, just to explain it somehow. Some people also tell me that they think I am clever, for sure others think I am not but they don't tell me. I don't consider myself especially clever either. I think it is true that I use my intellect in a different way to most, but it is not that I am more intelligent than the average. That's what makes me think and express in the way I do it and what makes many around me call me strange or even clever.

I've never seen that glass half full or half empty. Neither option suits me. For some years I've come to see that there is half glass of water, that's all. There is just half glass, full stop. The point is not to think whether my spirits are better or worse when I have a look at the glass; they remain unchanged after the first sight. To determine whether that's good or not, since everything is relative, I come back to think of me after seeing the amount of water. Will it be enough? Do I fancy drinking something else? Do I also fancy a snack with it? I will be in good or bad or the same spirits depending on how thirsty I am and what else I fancy.

During this year 2013 I am looking often at the glass and thinking about what it has and what I feel like. A friend of mine, even though I think he has his feet on the ground, has an esoteric touch. We both are Aquarius (just a few days difference) and we both have other things in common regarding our thoughts and the way we express them. He insists that he is having a year of changes and it is happening the same to me. To be honest, I don't know if it is just coincidence or not, but I can't tell him he's not right. I think that 2013 is a year in which I am changing, maybe finishing a cycle and starting another.

For this change, however, I am looking more inside than outside. I don't think this change will translate into a new job, a new flat, a new city or other material stuff of that kind. I think that the change (maybe an evolution, maybe not) happens in my thoughts and the way I express them. All the material aspects are quite ok in the way they are and I wish they remain the same for the time being. The glass of water looks the same as last year and the previous one and I was more than happy with that. My trips, my friends, the job, the studio, the parties and my life here keeps being great and I still like it. However, I look at the glass now, then I think about me and I see that it is not enough. I am not going to get in a rush, I am usually more reflexive than impulsive, but I want more from me and my life.

No hay comentarios: